Bean & Kale Base Dish
This is a super easy, throw together dish that can be served a variety of ways. I used it as a bed to rest a kale & quinoa burger but you could serve it with fish, chicken - whatever you had in the fridge!
Or a base for a veggie stew...add in a tin of chopped tomatoes and then fill the tin with water and add a stock cube. Simmer off to sauce thickens and serve with rice!😬
At the end I stirred in some Boursin cheese but I’d really like to try it with goats cheese instead!
I haven’t put in exact measurements as the beauty of these dishes is that you can just throw them together without all the weighing/accuracy required for the more complex dishes!
Have fun with it - add in a little bit of what you fancy!
- Large handful of kale, stems removed and cut into rough strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- around 10 sundried tomatoes (I use fresh semi dried but ones from the jar are fine as well, just a more intense flavour)
- 1 small tin of berlotti or butter beans (black beans would work as well)
- 2 tablespoons of boursin cheese (any cream cheese or goats cheese woukd be a good substitute)
- splash of rapeseed oil
1. Add the oil to a large saucepan and fry off the garlic on a medium heat until just softened
2. Add the red peppers and fry for a further few moments until peppers are starting to soften
3. Add the kale, beans and sun dried tomatoes and fry off for a few moments
4. Lastly, stir in the cheese and keep under a low heat, gently stirring until the cheese has melted and is covering