Christmas Nibbles - Parmesan palmiers
This is one of the recipes I did for a Christmas Nibbles demo last week but I’m telling you know, I’d make these any day of the week! This recipe makes about 22 palmiers. And if you’re not feeling the savoury, substitute out the ham and ketchup for cinnamon and sugar instead 👌🏻
• 1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry (I used @jus_rol )
• Tablespoon of @whitemausu Black Bean Ketchup or Dijon mustard
• 2tbsp grated parmesan cheese, plus a little extra
• 6 slices of parma ham
• 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6. Unroll the pastry with the long edge closest to you (landscape). Spread a little ketchup/mustard followed by grating of Parmesan. Lay three slices of Parma ham horizontally - this should cover the pastry entirely.
Start by tightly rolling the bottom of the pastry toward the middle, stopping at the centre, then roll the top of the pastry down to meet in the centre as well. The rolls should be the same size. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Trim the ends off the roll and using a very sharp knife lightly dusted with flour, carefully cut into 1cm slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet lined with silicone paper, leaving enough space for each one to expand a little. Scatter over a little extra grated Parmesan. Cook for 6 – 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Scatter over a little more Parmesan if you like and serve whilst still warm.
● Prepare to the end of step 2 up to a day ahead or freeze.
● Alternatively slice the Palmiers (after a period of firming up in the fridge), arrange on a baking sheet ready to cook, cover and refrigerate or freeze. Thaw before cooking which will take less than an hour.
#christmasnibbles #christmasbaking #christmassnacks #partyfood #fingerfood #partyfoodideas #partyfoodrecipes #nyesnacks #partysnacks #savourybites #canapes #canapeideas #canaperecipes #bakewithme ##niblogger #irishblogger #nifoodie #irishfoodie #irishfoodblog #nibaker #irishbaker #irishfoodaccount #irishgirlsoninsta #irishgirls #irishgirlsdoitbetter #theramblingbaker