Chocolate and Pistachio energy bars
Seeing January through with all the energy bars needed!😩
Chocolate and Pistachio bars. These are a nice wee light snack. If you use dairy free butter & GF oats these can be dairy, egg & gluten free 👌🏻
You could add in some dried cranberries, goji berries or any other dried fruit.
At 226 cals each I’d say if you’re craving a snickers just have the snickers but if you’re looking a nice wee pre/post training carb snack on the go or a lunchbox filler then these are perfect.
Great for little hands as well except probs don’t send them into school with the nuts in them 👀
20g golden syrup
69g peanut butter
175g Rice Krispies
175g desiccated coconut
1. Place the honey, butter, golden syrup, peanut butter and marshmallows in a saucepan and melt over a gentle heat.
2. Place the Rice Krispie, oats, coconut, chocolate and pistachios in a large bowl
3. Pour the marshmallow mix over the top and mix until everything is well coated
4. Line a 9x12” tin with clingfilm and place the Rice Krispie mix into it. Press well down into the tin using your hand or a large spoon
5. Melt the 50g chocolate for the top and drizzle over the top. Sprinkle on the remaining pistachios.
6. Leave to set in the fridge for an hour to set. Chop up and store in an airtight container to grab on the go!👌🏻
#energybars #chocolateandpistachio #healthysnacking #snackideas #caloriecounted #caloriecountedsnacks #caloriecountinguk #ricekrispies #ricekrispytreats #dairyfreeglutenfree #dairyfreeglutenfreeeggfree #eggfreerecipes #eggfree #eggfreebaking #glutenfreesnacks #glutenfreesnacking #snacksonthego #homemadesnack #homemadesnacking #nifoodblogger #anotherfoodblog #irishrecipedeveloper #foodfluffer #theramblingbaker