Fudge Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes
Updated: Oct 27
Hands up if you’re over January?! I’ve moved to Valentines with these Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes ❣️💕
These are beyond easy. Don’t need a mixer or anything so there’s no reason not to pull out the stops and make them for the SO, or yourself 🥰
175g Self-raising flour
2.5 tablespoons Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
150g Caster sugar
150ml Sunflower oil
1 tablespoons of Caramel
For the icing:
remainder of tin of Caramel
2 tablespoons Icing sugar
mini Rolo for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 160oC and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. Sieve the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, milk, eggs, 2 tablespoonfuls of caramel until smooth. Then mix into the flour mixture. Best with a hand whisk until no lumps remain.
5. Place mixture into the bun cases and bake at 160oC for 15-20 minutes until springy to touch.
6. Remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
For the icing;
6. Melt the chocolate, then beat in the rest of the caramel and add 2tablespoons of icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
7. Top the buns with the icing and place mini rolls on top 👍🏻